Tuesday 11 January 2011

Leapworld





Kind of project: MMO (massively multiplayer online game) about a virtual world for kids
Client: LeapFrog
Producer: Frima Studio
My tasks: AS3 programming
Comments: This is a virtual world made for kids who has buyed the LeapFrog console like the Leapster Explorer. I entered to this project 4 month before official release date to help arriving on time and after that I stay in it doing more features and enhancements.  It was a very interesting experience since it was my first big AS3 project and also my first participation in a project about an MMO game. I learned many things but also I gave my contribution based on my experience to obtain the final product. I spend a whole year in this project so I had to dive in deep in code done by several other people for a long time. It was a lot of fun and a hard work too.
My tasks were mainly:
- develop new features like the PetSystem: integration of the console's Pet by importing it by the sync process to the virtual world to follow player around, was able to learn some tricks
- integration of new elements like some interactive tutorials and shops
- complete, re-fact, enhancements and new features on several minigames
- general game performance and fine tune like in path finding obtimization, friend list and proximity list corrections, memory leak fixes, etc
- completing several imcomplete modules
- lot of general bugfix
Video: clic here